Overthrowing stereotypes

The trip to Milan has been planed for over a year, it was supposed to be a place where we could learn about Italian culture, see beautiful and interesting buildings and views, learn responsibility and gain new hairdresser abilities, and in the end... That's exactly what happened.









I always thought of Italians as temperamental hotheaded people, but that's not really the case. From my experience they're very kind and friendly, willing to help and guide. Unfortunately, few Italians speak English well, I'd even say that some seem scared when you try to talk to them in English. Communication was at times a challenge, but with patience everything is doable. 





During our stay in Italy, we visited a great deal of beautiful places. Incredible monuments and cathedrals, breathtaking views of Como and impressive museums. Some of those places were so lovely I will definitely come back to Italy just to see them again. 





Spending a month away from home, in a foreign country, with unfamiliar language was definitely hard. Even though I was surrounded by people I've known for years from school, I felt homesick after the first week in Italy. We faced a lot of new things and responsibilities. Living in a group, having roommates and getting to work on ourselves were only a few of them. But we managed them all and we will walk out of this experience with new skills. Working in Madica salon was a little different than I expected. No one really spoke English, we mostly communicated by Google translate and hand gestures, but after all I will go back to these memories with a smile on my face. I met a lot of kind people, and had an overall good experience. 









To wrap up, this month will forever stay in my mind as a challenging, but a great adventure. I will definitely return to Italy to enjoy the beauty of this country.

Oliwia Bajon

Komentarze